I come across so many fabulous designers and makers and in particular African designers and so I decided to start a collection of some of my favourite finds. Kicking off this series of gift ideas is a collection of Afrocentric Accessories which would make great gifts of you are struggling with ideas.
1. Kanga Print Reversible Snood by Kokoberi. Available on Sapelle.com – £15
2. Necklace by Anita Quansah- POR
3. Emem Bangles by Ituen Basi. Available on MyAshoMarket.com- £11.99 each
4. Kita African Fabric Flower Hair Clip & Brooch by Mawusi – £16
5. Farida Patchwork and Leather Clutch by Gidan Nodza. Available on MyAsho.com- £90
6. Tamale Print Umbrella by Babatunde- €16
Those in the know are aware that prints can actually be very versatile. I personally believe that the numerous colours used in the pattern design allows you to wear your print pieces with so many other colours and with numerous variations.
Here is an example of one way to do this with an Ankara print jacket. Our humming bird jacket has shades of green, plum red, mustard yellow and various other colours. With this outfit you can wear these shades as block colours for the rest of your pieces.
So simple, so fun!
How would you wear yours? Fewer colours? Classic white? Please share.in Our Products
So if you are in the neighbourhood, do stop by and have a look!
Southbank Centre, Festival Terrace
London SE1 8XX
020 7921 0771
Nearest Transit Stations:
Waterloo, Embankment, Westminster
Mon-Fri 10:00 – 21:00
Sat 10:00 – 20:00
Sun 12:00 – 20:00