Came across this photography competition and it certainly looks interesting. Read on.
The Hearst Corporation announces the 2013 international 8 X 10 photography biennial competition to recognize and showcase the professional work of talented young photographers.
The third Hearst 8 X 10 competition will recognize eight winners and will feature their work in two exhibition spaces located in the atrium of Hearst Tower, the company’s acclaimed New York City headquarters. The tower’s Alexey Brodovitch Gallery and Hearst Gallery will showcase approximately 100 photographs beginning in January 2013 through May 2013.
Hearst will publish both digital and print catalogues showcasing works chosen by eight judges composed of editors, creative directors, curators, and renowned photographers.
From the beginning, Hearst has championed the photography medium, working with such renowned
photographers as Richard Avedon, Lillian Bassman, Martin Munkasci and, more recently, Karl Lagerfeld,
Terry Richardson and Carter Smith.
Hearst 8 X 10 Photography Biennial began in 2009 and garnered more than 1,000 entries from 47
countries. The 2013 contest is open to all U.S. and international freelance, amateur and professional
photographers and students, aged 18 to 35 years of age. Opening date for entries is today, April 2, 2012;
all entries must be submitted no later than August 1, 2012. Additional information and submission
guidelines can be found at www.hearst8x10.com. Winners will be announced in January 2013.
Eight judges will review all entries and select the eight award recipients. They include:
- James Danzinger, Owner & Founder, The James Danzinger Gallery
- John Demsey, Photography Collector; Group President, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- Alexandra Kotur, Creative Director, Town & Country
- Yossi Milo, Owner & Founder, Yossi Milo Gallery
- Roberta Myers, Editor-in-Chief, VP, Brand Content, ELLE
- Matthew Pillsbury, Photographer
- Yancey Richardson, Owner & Founder, Yancey Richardson Gallery
- Timothy White, Photographer
Go on, get your cameras out! You can enter here